Friday, November 21, 2008

PawPaw is here!

7:45 AM

We made a quick stop by to see G today on the way to take Alan to the airport. Alan is going home for a few days to pack some more things and pick up some of his things from the office. Everything was good with the baby. The nurse (Gina) had the report for the brain sonogram, and everything was as it should be - no bleeding. Another answered prayer--is anyone counting?
11:00 AM

He is up to 31 cc of formula per feeding which is about 1 ounce! We didn't stay long or hold him this visit because Paw-Paw is on the way and we don't want Graham to be too tired for that meeting.

Alan made it to Dallas just fine and will ride to B-wood with Dennis - What a friend! Alan will start work at TXDot in Amarillo on Monday (just until we are released to go home). We couldn't believe how easily things fell into place for Alan's work schedule. This way he won't have to totally exhaust all of his leave and TXDot won't suffer with him being out so much. Praise God from whom all blessings flow...

2:00 PM



PawPaw didn't quite make it in tome to hold Graham but he did see him for the first time. It was really something to be there while my dad, a big tough guy, let his guard down for this teeny tiny baby boy. Graham didn't want to open his eyes, but he held on to his PawPaw's finger for a bit.

5:00 PM




PawPaw got to hold his new grandson for the first time! Graham fit into the crook of my dad's arm perfectly and both of them looked like they were simply content. Dad commented that Graham's arm was nearly as big around as his fingers, and that he's caught (and thrown back) bigger fish than that! We all agree that G is a keeper!


8:00 PM

Graham weighed in at 3 lbs. 8.7 oz. which was a loss of 1 ounce. Unfortunately since he lost a little weight, we had to forgoe K-time. Boo :-(. I did get to cuddle with him for nearly an hour though and he was wide awake and did his "business" twice while I was holding him--shoo-wee Graham!!!

5 comments:

DeAnna said...

Hi Janet! I'm a friend of Jennifer's from school. I'm sure I don't have to tell you this, but your sister is so proud of her new nephew....we're all keeping you and your family in our prayers. Graham is adorably cute..love that little button nose! =)Congratulations on your new baby boy and here's hoping you are all home soon.

Becky's mom said...

Thanks for sharing your blessings with everyone. I'm Becky's mom and am so proud of you. You are in my prayers and I look forward to Graham's progress. Becky's sister in Jordan is also sharing your blog. Thanks

Jennifer said...

I love the new pictures of Graham. I can't believe how much he has changed. I'm counting the days until I get to see him (and you and Alan) again. Get used to that, you'll find that you are not nearly as popular now that you are a mom - baby win out! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Janet, Alan and Graham! We are so thrilled to hear that Graham is doing well! It is truly an answer to prayers with his progress and the fact that you and Alan will be able to "work" up there in Amarillo! Wow...that's one less stress source to deal with. I'm thankful for employers that will be so willing to assist in family situations. You are truly blessed! Keep us up to date on the progress and I'm glad to hear my mother and my sister (in Jordan...yes the Middle East!) is keeping up with you and keeping you in your prayers! All over the world, this little bundle of blessings has peoples prayers! Can't wait to see him at home! Love ya'...Becky and Greg

Cliff and Jessica said...

Janet, Cliff and I are so thankful that we found out ya'll were here in Amarillo. We are thankful that your baby boy is doing well. We look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow night. Please, please let us know if you need anything, or have a question about where something is that you need. My cell number is 806-282-6640.

~Jessica Cary