11-17-08 ~ 5:00 PM
Jennifer had to go back home. This was much more difficult to let her go than I anticipated. We said our goodbyes in the departure terminal as she gave us our orders through tears. She has been so much help for us, full of sound advice from one who has walked a similar path.
We realized that with such a full day, we had not even eaten lunch so we found a great burger place to re-fuel before our next round of holding.
11-17-08 ~ 8:00 PM
At this visit, I decided not to get too close because of a little sore throat~ can’t be too careful with such a small one. If I am not better in the morning I will go to a clinic nearby to get checked out. The nurse said as long as I am not running a temp I would be safe to come in and wearing a mask would help make me feel better about potential germs.
Cookie and Daddy scrubbed in and went for some cuddling. Nurse Brandy said it would be best for G if only one person held him(passing back and forth would be too difficult with all the tubes and wires) so Daddy was the lucky one. Cookie helped by changing his diaper (very well I hear). Alan took his temp ~100.1 but that has subsided to 98.2 now so no worries. They think that he may have been a little warm because of the clothing and islolette, so they took off the onesie and just let him be in his diaper. His weight had increased to 3 lbs 7.5 oz - big eater!
The holding consisted of daddy rocking him, and talking to him while Graham sucked quite noisily on his pacifier. They tell us that the sucking is good for his digestion even though he is being fed through a tube. This is also a milestone that he will have to achieve “suck, swallow, & breath” all at the same time or he will not be able to take a bottle.
They plan to increase his formula to 8cc at the 11:00 feeding so he can be a rolly polly soon enough!
Goodnight sweet baby we’ll see you in the morning!
7 comments:
I'm so proud of our "big" eater! I miss him already.
Wow, what a story! I can't wait to meet him. I have so many questions, but I know you are very, very busy....so I will wait for another time! ;] Take care and we will continue to pray for your little one's health. Sounds like he is off to a great start.
that was me Marybeth.....forgot to put my name!
I'm Gail, a friend of your sisters. I had a little boy at 29 weeks so I know exactly how you are feeling. The best advice that I can give you is to LOVE him to pieces and you will see great progress. Try not to worry about every little thing going on. It is best to take the lead from his doctor. If he is not worried, then, you don't worry. They will be honest with you! Graham is so cute and sounds to me like he is doing fabulously. Enjoy him mommy! My husband and I will pray for his quick growth and homecoming.
Janet and Alan - just wanted you to know we are thinking of you and we lift Graham up in prayer daily. We know he'll get to come home soon! The reports sound SO encouraging and we can't wait to see our new little nephew! I know you and Alan are proud to be parents and I know God has sent him to you for a special purpose! Love you and keep those posts coming! Greg and Becky O
I am soooooo excited for you and Alan!!!! I cried when we found out and I am so excited that you have been blessed with a child of your own!! You are all in our prayers and thank you for all the updates!!! Josie
Janet and Alan. We are so proud of your little guy. He is such a blessing. Howard and I know what it is like to get to see your new baby for the first time. We adopted our son and got to see him at midnight the first day. No greater feeling. We are praying as is ths whole Salt Creek Church for you and your little one. So glad to get your blog address. We will continute to check on Graham's progress. Sounds like he is doing great. Enjoy all the holding time and know we are praying lots of prayers for you all.
Howard and Bobbie Scott
Post a Comment