The days seem to fly here. I have a hard time keeping up with the day of the week or even the date since they are all the same for us---Hospital, RMH (Ronald McDonald House), Hospital, RMH, eat, sleep. We are so grateful for the people at RMH and everyone who brings food here. There is a fully stocked kitchen where we can cook if we want, and at least once per day people of Amarillo bring hot meals. Tonight, Chilis will provide our meal.
Today we have a big day in store- bath, footprints & two kangaroo therapy sessions.
The doctor stopped by and mentioned that she ordered an echo-cardiogram (sp?) just as a precautionary measure. She said that if he were to have his follow up care here in Amarillo, she would not even think about it, but since we will be going home (hopefully sooner than later) she would feel better knowing the results of the test.
11:00 AM
It's bath time! First we wanted to get his foot prints, so the nurse Geri patiently stamped his feet on about 4 sheets of cardstock that I brought. Since he is still connected to so many monitors, he only had to endure a sponge bath. Daddy soothed him while mommy cleaned him with warm soapy water. He didn't mind too much.
After the bath, the nurse noticed that his IV looked like it needed to be changed. With his feeding going so well, she requested that the IV remain out and let him rely on formula for nourishment. She indicated that any medications could now be given orally as well. This is one less cord to fuss with and especially makes changing his clothes much easier.
2:00 PM
Alan took the first half of the Kangaroo shift while I got a much needed nap. The wear and tear is beginning to catch up with all of us... I went up for the second half of the K-time. I had to wake Alan up out of the cozy brown chair and insist that I got my fair share. :-) I am glad that he wants to be involved in those things.
5:00 PM
We took more of his clothes now since he no longer has the IV he is able to wear the "normal" preemie things. Not the NICU shirts that the hospital has - which are kind of scratchy. ;) He looks so different in clothes, like a regular full size baby, nearly.
8:00 PM
K-Time with daddy since he is leaving in the morning for a few days. Graham and Alan were so cozy for all 3 hours. I read to both my boys for this cuddle session.
He weighed 3lbs. 9.7 oz and he is taking 28cc of formula which is nearly 1 ounce!
No comments:
Post a Comment