My mom got to hold the baby one more time before she & my dad left Sunday (and we remembered the camera this time). I don't know who was more upset that she was leaving, her or me. I knew we would be ok without her here, but she had been such a tremendous help the last week. Alan and I would have been lost if she and my sister hadn't been with us.
11-23-08
My parents left about 10:00am and Alan came back about 3:30pm, so I was only alone for a short time, but I have to say I was relieved when Alan made it in. I gave Graham a real water/tub bath at the 2:00 time with much help from our nurse. She kept rooting me on like a cheerleader, but I'm sure she was as worried as I was. He was sooo slippery and wriggly that I couldn't hold him and wash at the same time.
Once Alan got in and unloaded the pickup he went to see Graham while I tried to rest a little bit. I suppose Sunday afternoon naps are now extinct at the Ogden's house for a while at least.
We both went back for the 8:00 assessment in hopes of holding for Kangaroo therapy, but little Graham's exciting day seemed to catch up with him...he lost 10 grams. This equates to about 1/4 of an ounce (making him about 3lbs 8.25oz) but it was enough to keep us from holding him. This is best for the baby, but it does not feel best for mom & dad.
11-24-08
Alan got up bright & early to go to work here in Amarillo for the first time and he had a great day! West Texans are even more friendly than regular Texans it seems!
I got up bright and early also and went to see the baby-everything was good. No major changes. So good news. I had to catch up on some things for work so I skipped the 11:00 time and had a really productive morning. When I returned to the hospital for the 2:00 time I was pleasantly surprised to find out they had removed his oxygen. Actually Graham helped them remove the oxygen, but they didn't put it back on him. Troublemaker already, I think. In fact for the past few days every time I was at the hospital he was pulling and yanking at that thing as hard as he could so I wasn't surprised that he finally got it off! The nurse said he was doing so good with it out of place she decided to leave it off. He seems to actually be doing better with his oxygen saturation now that it is off, I think it must have been getting him worked up. (Of course that is my expert opinion gained through 10 days of observation)
Nothing else newsworthy happened until the 8:00 visit when he weighed in at 3lbs 9.5oz! That meant we got to hold him so Alan took the first shift and I finished up. Each day we get more & more comfortable with this tiny baby and we cherish our cuddling time!
3 comments:
It looks like Gram is getting good at putting daddy to sleep! I love the new pictures. Hope y’all have a great Thanksgiving.
Love,
Katrina
I know I've only been gone three days but he looks like he has changed so much.I can't wait to get my hands on him again. Happy Thanksgiving Day tomottow. Boy do we have a lot to be thankful for!
Cookie
Alan and Janet and Graham.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your new family. We are so thankful for all the blessings God has given us and now we have a new little one in our church family at Salt Creek. Can't wait to have a shower for him.
May he continue to grow and gain weight. We are enjoying your pictures. He is changing a lot. Give him a hug and kiss from Howard and Bobbie Scott. We are in love with him just like he was our grandchild.
Happy Thanksgiving again.
Howard and Bobbie Scott
Post a Comment