Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Open Crib





Saturday, Graham was moved to an open crib around noon. We dressed him in two outfits with two blankets to keep him warm and he has been great! Today, we even had to cut back to one outfit and one blanket because he was a little too warm. It must be all that fat keeping him warm - he's nearly up to 5 lbs now. Last night he was 4 lbs 15 oz so I'm certain that he will break 5 today.

He continues to do well with his bottles too. They decided to feed him with the tube every third feeding so he can have a chance to rest, and since then he has taken all of each bottle he's attempted. It's only a matter of time before he takes all 8 bottles each day.

Graham has been on caffeine since he was born to help stimulate the part of his brain that controls his breathing. Saturday, they took him off the caffeine. He did ok that day, but Sunday he began to have a few episodes where he forgot to breathe and then his heart rate dropped so they put him back on the caffeine yesterday. This is a step backward which was a little disappointing because if he is still on caffeine when we go home we will have to have a heart/respiratory monitor as well and that makes us nervous. We would rather not have any of those breathing issues lingering when we leave, but on the other hand we are so ready to come home we can't stand it. We will see what happens in the next few days...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! These pictures are just PRECIOUS! He's growing SO MUCH!!!! I just know he's over 5 lbs now!!

The middle picture's outfit makes him look like a Christmas package! I still believe he'll be home for Christmas, so that's appropriate clothing!! He is a Christmas Blessing!

Hmmm...he still needs caffeine...I know it's medically necessary, but it sure sounds like Allen and his coffee! I know Graham will be just fine and given a few more years... Allen will have him on caffeine from Starbucks!

Love you all and keep us posted. I check the Blog several times a day and just squeel when there's a new entry! Take care and keep warm.

Becky and Greg

Jennifer said...

I'm with Becky! I just squealed when I saw your new post. I love that guy in the outfit with the stripes! Super Cute, for sure. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hey Janny & Alan!
He is looking healthier and healthier each day! WOW!! 5 pounds...way to go Graham! He looks so adorable in all of his little outfits...cute little Christmas baby! Love you both...keeping you in our prayers!
Love,
Warren & Kristi

Anonymous said...

Graham is getting so big. He is kin to me needing the caffeine. My brain does not work so well with out it. Our prayers are with you and I know God will bring him home soon.

Love,
Auntie

Cliff and Jessica said...

Hey guys! I am so excited that Graham is in an open crib! Getting closer and closer to going home. :)

Anonymous said...

He is looking adorable! Can't believe he is over 5 lbs. That is super! Can't wait to see him.
Marybeth

Anonymous said...

I realize I'm #7 to comment on this entry, but I couldn't leave those adorable pictures. I agree with Jennifer and Becky and Auntie and Marybeth and Kristi.... he is so cute!!

Cookie

The Theaux Family said...

He is just adorable and we are so glad that he is doing so well. We hope yall will be able to go home soon.

Anonymous said...

Janet and Alan - Congratulations! I found out through your mom Janet about the exciting new addition. What a precious baby boy! He is absolutely adorable!! We have you in our prayers and are just so happy for the both of you. I love the pictures!! They are going to be so much fun to scrapbook! God Bless you and have a Merry Christmas!!!