It just occurred to me while thinking of packing for my trip (yes we leave after work tomorrow and I haven’t begun to pack—can you say procrastinate?) that I will need to be sure and pack something nice for our side trip to Amarillo.
For those readers who may not know the history, my husband and I are in the early stages of adoption. We have had several phone calls and plenty of written correspondence with the agency (in Amarillo), but this will be our first face to face meeting! We have to make a good impression because these are the people who will decide whether we are approved to get a BABY!
So now I’m freaking out because I don’t know what to wear. What do I have Alan wear? Don’t worry, I will check his pockets before we get there just in case…;-) Please, your comments are necessary. I know you don’t know what I have hanging in my closet, but if you can, describe what you would wear from your closet. If necessary I will buy something, but quick people, I leave tomorrow!!!
For those readers who may not know the history, my husband and I are in the early stages of adoption. We have had several phone calls and plenty of written correspondence with the agency (in Amarillo), but this will be our first face to face meeting! We have to make a good impression because these are the people who will decide whether we are approved to get a BABY!
So now I’m freaking out because I don’t know what to wear. What do I have Alan wear? Don’t worry, I will check his pockets before we get there just in case…;-) Please, your comments are necessary. I know you don’t know what I have hanging in my closet, but if you can, describe what you would wear from your closet. If necessary I will buy something, but quick people, I leave tomorrow!!!
PS - I am so desperate for advice that I've posted this from work (against all internet usage policies).
6 comments:
I am thinking go with the 3Cs: cute, casual, conservative. I'm not talking about pressed trousers, white button down and navy cardigan - cause that is just conservative not cute.
How about a dressy pair of longer capri pants and a fun top. Dress it up with some cute jewelry and nice sandals.
For Alan, anything will be fine. I believe Daryl wore jeans and a nice shirt. Boys are so lucky!
I agree with Jennifer for your outfit, Janet...for Alan I'd at the words "hip button down." Jeans and a hip button down is what Jeremy sports most often and his companion outfit to my capri and cute top.
Ok, I have two options I'm thinking about here:
1) Black (nice) crop pants and a cute top, but one's not really coming to mind...I can always buy a new one.
OR
2) Khaki (linen) crop pants and a black puffy short sleeve sweater with some black wedge shoes. The sweater is summer style, not like a cable knit or anything.
As for Alan, he does have it easy especially since his closet consists of shorts, wranglers, shirts, wrangler dress khakis (for church) and ONE suit (for weddings & funerals). So, for him I'll just have to make sure those jeans & shirt are nice & starched - fresh from the cleaners and he's good to go!
Don't forget to pack the nail polish in case your toes need a touch-up. And...please blog while you're gone!
If you decided to go with the linen pants, you should take them with you but not put them on until right before you get there to avoid excessive wrinkles.
I know that I'm late in commenting on your dilemma (good luck, BTW--very exciting!), but I would go with your "option #1" since you won't have the wrinkle issue and can be fresh and perky when you arrive. Plus, with "option #1" it sounds like you get a new top out of the deal which is always good! : )
Post a Comment