Well we stopped in Amarillo on the way home from vacation for the first part of our home study which consisted of individual interviews and a psychological profile. BTW- I did find something to wear-see http://theblogginogden.blogspot.com/2008/07/what-should-i-wear.html -Black crop pants, pink sleeveless shirt and cute black shoes--maybe I’ll post a pic. for you. Anyway, the interview was fine, just the questions you might expect - like:
- Tell me about your childhood.
- What are your beliefs regarding discipline?
- Why have you chosen adoption?
Nothing really to throw us off.
On the other hand, the questions on the psychological profile were the craziest true/false questions ever-567 of them! I smuggled a piece of paper out of there with a few examples to show you along with my answers…See what you think:
- My soul sometimes leaves my body. (F)
- There seems to be a fullness in my head or nose most of the time. (F - only if I have a cold which is not “most of the time”)
- I believe I am being followed. (F)
- Peculiar odors come to me at times. (F - I don’t think the flatulence of the male species is what they were talking about here)
- At one or more times in my life I felt that someone was making me do things by hypnotizing me. (F)
- I have no trouble swallowing. (F - again only if I have a cold/sore throat)
- Once per week or oftener I suddenly feel hot all over for no real reason. (F)
That last question really bothered me because I do not believe that “oftener” is a real word. That term was used in a minimum of 5 questions and each time I read it I thought to myself I’ll be danged if a test that does not use proper grammar will determine whether or not I am crazy!
All in all we felt like the interviews went well and as far as we know so did the psych test. We are scheduled for the second half of the home study August 11th! The case worker will come to our house and we’ll have an interview together. It’s only two weeks to get the house ready…wish us luck!
9 comments:
THat is weird b/c I sometimes DO feel like someone is following me on a daily basis or oftener.
Good luck on the 11th! KEEP US POSTED!!! : )
No worries, Kim, it's just me following you but that will all end soon when I have to go back to work. Bummer!
OK, strange questions...good thing you're not going thru menopause or you WOULD feel hot all over for no reason...just sayin'...glad all went well...so exciting for you...great choice with the pink/black combo...one of my favorites:)
kim, I think it's ok to answer "T" on the following question if you have celebrity status!
Jen, I heard on the news today that laws are tightening for paparazzi (sp?) so it may be a good thing you have to go back to work.
And yes, Angie, on the menopause question, maybe that is their way of screening based on age without appearing to discriminate... And on the pink black combo, yes it was a great choice especially because it helped to make me look well endowed up top. Not that that would help with the approval, just helped with the confidence level.
I'm glad that your confidence was high, Jane. Nothing like a new outfit to help with the mental health. Come to think of it, you could use that rationale for SEVERAL new outfits in the week to come.
Very exciting!! That test is is crazy. They must see some real weirdos coming through there wanting to adopt. My husband (Bongo) is adopted, so we are big fans. Go girl!
Booo. Hisss. More posts, please.
Janet--how did the home study go? Did you exhibit hot all over and difficulty swallowing traits? Do tell.
Post a Comment