Friday, January 9, 2009

Settled In

We have been home a little over a week now and we seem to be getting in the groove of things. We have become acostomed to the nightly routine and are even able to get some sleep in between feedings. Graham seems to be doing well here at home. We think he must really like it here because when we went to the doctor’s office he said he had gained 11 ounces! That makes him 6 lbs 14 ounces. My mom and sister really helped us to get everything in order setting up Graham's room and helping us get organized.

He has been able to spend some quality time with his grandparents and also meet many of his other family members. It is amazing to see the changes in him just in the past week. For instance, he is more alert after feedings now, we don’t have to beg him to take his bottles - in fact, he is very eager most times to eat, and the best of all is when he hears mommy or daddy’s voices and not only looks over with his eyes, but turns his head toward us!!! It makes my heart so full to see him do that! Here are some pictures from the past week.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the up date! I am glad to hear that there is a new normal routine going on in your house. I can’t believe that he is almost 7 lbs. That is awesome. I think that boy’s gain wait a lot faster than girls do. That has been the case in my house at least. I can’t wait to meet G but I will give yall just a few more weeks before we make the trip. I love yall and am so glad to hear that every thing is going great.

American Momma said...

That is amazing!! He is getting so big and such a hansome boy! Hearing your news my cup overflows with joy...
Love you guys hope to make the trip up there by this summer.
Regina

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to tell the boys about G taking his bottles so well! They've been praying at dinner that he'll take the bottle "like he's supposed to"! Another answered prayer. :) And Cole prayed once that he would hold the bottle too. I guess a 5 year old doesn't undersdtand developmental milestones. ;)

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add that I LOVE that bedding - so cute! Is the accent color black or navy around the animals?

Anonymous said...

Just precious pictures! I am thrilled to hear how he's taking his bottles better! He just needed to see our example at Carolyn's and George's over New Years to see how we Ogden's eat!!! Glad to hear he's almost up to 7 lbs!!

Keep us posted. Love ya' LOTS!

Becky

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I can't believe he gained so much in one week! He is really on the right track. Hopefully we can get over soon and meet him. The pics are precious.
Take care,
Marybeth

Anonymous said...

Hi Ogden Family,
I'm a friend of "Grandpa George." We worked together in Brownwood and he was so proud to share your story w/ me in a Christmas card. I'm happy you're home and to see your sweet pictures. Very best wishes. And I love the pic of George holding your sweet boy. They both look wonderful!
Katy Bohuslav

Anonymous said...

We think he looks like his daddy,
Can't wait to see him in person.

Love,
Auntie and Uncle Mick.

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled that everything is going so well. I am anxious to see your angel, but I will wait until the time is right. Cookie will tell me when I can pop in and give him a "BEBE" hug. Take good care of yourselves. I know that Graham is fine----just take care of Mom and Dad.
Love to both of you.
Beverly H.